Saturday, April 10, 2010

ANOTHER COOL LINK:  I'm really enjoying the Living Math Yahoo! group these days.  People post some of the most amazing links to free stuff on the Yahoo! group.  If you're not already a member of their group I would definately suggest joining.  I thought that this link was really cool.  It shows you how to make Montessori number rods with supplies that you probably have around your house.

I don't know if anyone has ever used this book before.  It's called Janice VanCleave's Play and Find Out about Math: Easy Activities for Young Children.  It's really a very fun book!  I give it 2 thumbs up. The book offers very simple, yet fun activities to introduce math to young children in a concrete manner.

Janice VanCleave has lots of other books similar to this one. I really want to order the math one for older children, but my budget is slim pickins right now.  However, on Amazon right now it's selling for A PENNY used.  Seriously?  1 penny??? 

Disclosure:  I just like to be honest with everyone that reads my blogs.  I DO make a certain percentage of profit on any link that you click on from my blog.  However, please know that when the book only cost $.01 it's definately not something to fret over.  So, rest assure that I'm not becoming a millionaire at my blog reader's cost.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    So glad to have "stumbled" upon your math blog!! We are just transitioning from a standard math curriculum to a more living math approach. I'm currently "test driving" Math on the Level. I'm also trying to blog about our homeschool and math journey as well. My soon to be 5 yo daughter seems (so far) to love what we are doing in math.....Just stopping by to say hi..

    Julie

    ReplyDelete